KAYACHIKITSA (General Medicine) PAPER-II Theory- 100 marks PART A 50 marks 1. Understanding of fundamental concepts of Kayachikitsa like Vriddhi and Kshaya of Dosha, Dushya, Mala with Amshaamsha Kalpana. Srotodushti, Khavaigunya, Agni, Ama (Saama and Nirama Dosha, Dhatu & Mala). Aavarana, Rogamarga, Ashayapakarsha, Dosha Gati, Kriyakala. Aushadha Sevana Kala, Anupana, Pathya-Apathya and their scientific relevance during health and disease.
2. Detailed knowledge of Rogi Roga Pariksha including detailed history taking and systemic examination of patient. Clinical implementation of Dwividha Pariksha, Trividha Pariksha, Chaturvidha Pariksha, Panchavidha Pariksha, ShadvidhaPariksha, Ashtavidha Pariksha, Dashvidha Parikshya Bhavas and Prakrityadi Dashvidha Pariksha.
3. Principles of Kayachikitsa in disease management including Shodhana, Shamana and Naimittika Rasayana.
4. Introduction of the basic principles of Modern medicine, Homeopathy, Unani,Siddha, Tibetan Medicine, Yoga and Naturopathy and their relevance in light of the basic principles of Ayurvedic medicine PART B 50 marks 1. Chikitsa Siddhantaof Pranavaha, Annavaha, Udakavaha, Rasadi Dhatuvaha, Malavaha & Manovaha Srotovikara.
2. Emergency medicine: Acute Severe Asthma, pulmonary oedema, myocardial infarction, cerebro-vascular accidents, water and electrolyte imbalance, haemorrhage, syncope, seizure,coma, hyperpyrexia, hypertensive encephalopathy.
3. Knowledge of conducting various medical procedures like infusions, tapping, lumbar puncture, Ryle’s tube insertion, catheterization, tractions, water seal drainage, Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation.
4. Basic knowledge of underlying principles of ECG, TMT, echo cardiography, vasculardoppler studies, EEG, EMG, X- Ray, USG, CT scan, MRI, PET and their interpretation.
5. Knowledge of common Ayurvedic formulations and preparations used in treatment: Churna- Triphala, Sitopaladi, Lavanbhaskara, Hingvashtaka, Avipattikara, Gangadhara, Shaddharana, Sudarshana, Panchasakara, Ajmodadi.
Kashaya- Dashamula, Rasnasaptaka, Asanadi, Pathyadi, Phalatrikadi, Punarnavashtaka, Gojivhadi, Mahamanjishthadi,Drakshadi Kashaya. Asavas-Arista- Amritarishta, Kanakasava, Chitrakasava, Saraswatarishta, Ashwagandharishta , Chandanasava. Vati- Sanjivani, Chandraprabha, Agnitundi, Chitrakadi, Khadiradi, Vyoshadi, ShankhaVati, Shiva Gutika. Guggula-Kalpana-Triphalaguggula, Kaishoraguggula, Trayodashangaguggula, Simhanadaguggula, Yogarajaguggula, Gokshuradi guggula,Kanchanaraguggula. Rasaushadhi- Tribhuvanakirti Rasa, Arogyavardhini Rasa, Shwasakuthara Rasa, Rasamanikya Rasa, Smritisagara Rasa,Lakshmivilasa Rasa, Sutshekhara Rasa, Pravala Panchamrita Parpati, Hemagarbhapottali Rasa. Taila- Mahanarayana Taila, Pindataila, Prasarinyadi Taila, Ksheerabala Taila, Brihat Saindhavadi Taila, Panchaguna Taila,Amritadi Taila, Marichyadi Taila, Mahamasha Taila. Ghrita- Mahatriphaladi Ghrita, BrahmiGhrita, Panchtikta GugguluGhrita, Sukumara Ghrita,Dadimadya Ghrita, Kantakari Ghrita, Kalyanaka Ghrita. Lehya- Chyavanaprasha Avaleha, KushmandaAvaleha, Ashwagandha Avaleha,Agastya Hareetaki Rasayana,Drakshavaleha, Vasavaleha, Amrita-Bhallataka Rasayana. PRACTICAL 100 marks Content:- Daily hospital duties in OPD, IPD and casualty Bed-side case taking – 25 patients Distribution of marks (practical): 1. Case records of 25 Patients in detail 20 marks 2. Bedside clinical case taking- Long case 20 marks Short case 10 marks 3. Medical procedures/laboratory work 15 marks 4. Instruments and spotting 15 marks 5. Vivavoce 20 marks
REFERENCE BOOKS- Charak Samhita -Cakrapanidutta commentry Sushrut Samhita -with all available commentaries. Ashtang Samgraha –Indu commentary Ashtang Hridaya –Arundutta and Hemadri commentry Cikitsadarsha - PanditRajesvardutta Shastri Kayachikitsa - Ramaraksha Pathak Rog ParikshaVidhi - PriyavratSharma
Panchakarma Vigyan - Haridas Sridhar Kasture Ayurved
Nidan Chikitsa Siddhanta - Prof. R.H.Singh.
Kayachikitsa Vol. I-IV. - Prof. Ajay Kumar
Davidson’s Principles and Practice of Medicine.
API Text Book of Medicine.
Harrison’s Text Book of Medicine.
Cecil Text Book of Medicine.
Relevant texts of concerned subjects.